22 Jan WHO IS LEO? EXPLORE THE ARCHETYPE OF THE LION WITHIN!
FIRE SIGN :: WHAT IS A FIRE SIGN?
MASCULINE ENERGY :: WHAT IS MASCULINE ENERGY IN ASTROLOGY?
FIXED SIGN :: WHAT IS A FIXED SIGN?
“I Am That and That Am I”
“Leo has been identified with “The King” or life giver. The symbolism of the lion is that of the life-giving Father, the Spirit, and its nature is of the center or the heart, through which all energy flows, and the life-force emanates.
Presently, Leo may be considered the most important fire sign of the Zodiac. From Leo comes solar fire, the fire we associate with soul consciousness, the fire of higher mind. The Sun is the ruler of Leo ~ exoterically, esoterically and hierarchically. Leo keynotes are individuality and true self-consciousness.”
“It is in Leo that the human becomes the “five-pointed star,” for that star stands as the symbol of individualization, of humanity, of the human being who knows themself to be an individual and becomes aware of themself as the Self. We begin to use the words, “I,” “my” and “mine.” In this sign the individual begins the cycle of experience wherein they acquire knowledge and develop the lower mind for their own benefit, needing to be recognized for their deeds and accomplishments.”
“Once we realize that The Divine Spirit is the True Self, we consciously become one with all humanity. The outstanding theme of Leo is the activity of the self-conscious person in relation to their environment or the development of sensitive response to surrounding impacts by the One Who Stands at the Center of its Little Universe. Leo and its influences can be summed up in the word sensitivity, and this sensitivity can be studied in four stages:
1. Physical Sensitivity to the influences and impacts coming from the external environment. As we become conscious we begin to view the sensory impact of the environment upon the physical body, emotions and mind from a place of detachment. Leo at this stage serves to solidify, “fixate,” or bring such responses together.
2. Sensitivity to the Will, Wishes, and Urgings of this integrated self-conscious lower self. In essence, it is here that the Soul becomes a self-motivating entity.
3. Sensitivity to the Soul’s response to life. At this stage, the Soul is “fixed” as a mediator between the Creative Fire of the Spirit and the physical world we live in.
4. Sensitivity to the Right Use of the Spiritual Will is of paramount importance. When through Leo one has developed to a point of being a “liberated” person, freedom from the oppressive karma of the lower self is achieved. We can then begin to transform the outer environment into the proper vehicle for the expression of the Inner Plan. By cultivating sensitivity to the higher impacts of those worlds which lead to the Purpose of Divinity, we accomplish our final goal through World Service.
We must have an Inner Spiritual Sensitivity and an Outer Material Sensitivity in order to truly understand the influences of Leo upon humanity and upon this planet. Throughout the universe, it is the Soul which is the conscious, sensitive theme of the Divine Plan, the Soul animating all forms of life.”
Credit for information and synthesis:
The collected volumes of writings by Alice A. Bailey,
specific reference here to Esoteric Astrology, p. 285 – 310
and The Labours of Hercules, p. 95 – 111
©Lucis Publishing Co., 120 Wall St., 24th Floor, New York, NY 10005
“One level and conditioning from Leo includes the motivation for dramatic expression of the personality. This expression includes being courageous, loyal and ambitious. Leo helps us to stamp our own ego upon the world while the same time being generous, optimistic, confident and magnetic. Driven to be a benevolent dictator, Leo’s influence instills a chivalrous, magnanimous, sympathetic and idealistic approach in exerting willpower and internal fortitude. Other positive descriptors of Leo include enthusiastic, inspirational, affectionate and constancy all of which helps lead us to become intensely self-aware and self-conscious. Overall, the Leo personality becomes characterized by “persistent enthusiasm.”
“The internal drive of Leo toward self-expression and intense self-projection is characterized by persistence and stubbornness with an intense need to be the center of attention. This is further characterized by a need for praise, admiration and personal recognition. Further, an inherent drive to control one’s destiny and dominate the environment helps us to become leaders ahead of our time meeting life with pride, style and an uncompromising personal integrity.”
“Through Leo we embrace the crisis of individualization which helps us become a unique, indivisible unit or “whole man.” In the process our selfishness is transformed into selflessness; our desire becomes aspiration; our willfulness becomes willingness; and our leadership becomes cooperation. At this level, our willpower becomes the will-to-illumine. The urge toward self-knowledge, self-perception and mental positivity opens us to a sensitivity to the soul and begins the intermarriage between the conscious mind and the unconscious that is needed to become the “individual shining solar glory.”
BASIC SOUL PURPOSES:
This incarnation is a search for wholeness within Self, the developing of a strong sense of unique individuality,
the knowledge of Self as a Part of the Whole.
LEO’s inherent creativity is to flow from the well of self-awareness in an individualized form.
LEO is to be all he can be.
QUALITY TO OVERCOME: The desire for the external throne.
LESSON TO LEARN: Self-mastery (sitting on the “inner throne”) is the road to success and fulfillment.
MOTIVATED BY: The need for love and dominion
“The Sun still rules Leo on the level of the soul. This is not the physical body of the Sun, but the Heart of our great star. The physical Sun casts a shadow, so that the personality-centered Leo can be a real drain on other people’s energies. His or her personality shines so brightly that it obscures other people’s creative light. The Heart of the Sun casts no shadow. It is a light that does not shine, but radiates. This radiation inspires, energizes, and helps the creative process in all of its forms.”
IN POST ART::
©Tessa Ridley/Self Care is Sacred. All Rights Reserved. 2016.
THIS BLOG HAS BEEN LOVINGLY CURATED BY Tessa Ridley
All work/words that are not my own have been quoted and referenced and linked back their source with utmost respect for their authors. If you are the author/artist & there is any content or are any images that are featured here that you do not want displayed please email me & I will promptly remove them.
* Terms and Conditions: Please note that none of the information presented within these blogs & guidance sessions is meant to replace advice from a medical, healthcare, legal and/or other professional. How you choose to act upon the advice given is entirely based on your own free will. You may use this information for educational and non-commercial reasons, in parts, or in entirety with full credit given to the authors as noted and links to her webpage (WWW.BOUNDARIESAREBEAUTIFUL.COM). The author shall not be held liable from any intentional, accidental or other consequences of acting upon, sharing, or engaging with this information in any form. Using, reading or in any way engaging with any part of this information implies tacit acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.